Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 4th of July!






To Celebrate the 4th of July, it seemed fitting to include some random, but interesting facts about this beloved land we call the U.S.A.


1. 1 out of every 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met online


2. Passports issued by the US after January 1, 2007 have always-on radio frequency identification chips


3. The state motto of Alaska is "north to the future"


4. The former vice-president Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones were roommates at Harvard


5. 90% of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants (...shocker)


6. During a lifetime an American Man will spend about 3,500 hours shaving? (As opposed to the Canadians and French who spend only 2,600 hours....What is up with this stat?


7. The twin towers of World Trade Center in New York had 208 elevators



8. New York City has 722 miles of subway track


9. Americans file about 70000 lawsuits every single day



10. Americans consume an average of about 67 pounds of sugar each in a year












5 comments:

Clyda and John said...

LOL! Love your blog. I was in tears laughing about elementary school. It is amazing any of us survived. And loved the random American facts. Hilarious.

Muncher Cruncher said...

YOU have a blog too?? What is this and why was I not aware?!? "I'm in love with my cousin!!"....that's all..

Jeff C. said...

The shaving one was my favorite. I hate shaving and hope to decrease that stat by getting the hair removed off my face through laser hair removal. Feel free to check out mine and Heather's blog. http://cragheadfam.blogspot.com

Dana Cheryl said...

Hey there! Before you start wondering how you know me let me just say that you don't! lol

I just came across your blog and had to give props for the "America: Is This What We've Become?" pix. OK so I laughed hard enough for tears to run and that's before I hit the ice cream truck shot and then the lunch lady.

Oh dear this is why I love blogging. Ya never know what you'll run across on any given day.

Great blog!

Cheers!!

Rob Graham said...

Brad the 4th of July was so 3 months ago!!!