To Celebrate the 4th of July, it seemed fitting to include some random, but interesting facts about this beloved land we call the U.S.A.
1. 1 out of every 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met online
2. Passports issued by the US after January 1, 2007 have always-on radio frequency identification chips
3. The state motto of Alaska is "north to the future"
4. The former vice-president Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones were roommates at Harvard
5. 90% of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants (...shocker)
6. During a lifetime an American Man will spend about 3,500 hours shaving? (As opposed to the Canadians and French who spend only 2,600 hours....What is up with this stat?
7. The twin towers of World Trade Center in New York had 208 elevators
8. New York City has 722 miles of subway track
9. Americans file about 70000 lawsuits every single day
10. Americans consume an average of about 67 pounds of sugar each in a year
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Posted by Brad at 11:51 AM
Posted by Brad at 11:07 AM
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Each week I will post a website that you have to check out when you get a minute. They may be funny, entertaining or just helpful, but make sure to check them out.
This week's site is:
A site completely dedicated to elaborately planned group pranks. A group of individuals have organized non-threatening pranks throughout the country, including having over two-hundred people freeze immediately in Grand Central Station and staging a musical in a mall food court.
You will love this site!
Posted by Brad at 1:53 PM
Monday, June 16, 2008
Elementary School was wonderful...but, there are five reasons why all of us should consider ourselves extremely lucky to have survived the perilous journey that was elementary school.
Everyone had one....they come in a variety of sizes and colors, but they were all equally horrifying.
Posted by Brad at 2:25 PM